As you can see from the post title, this is all about Lollipop love for the Oneplus One. I’ve always been a bit reluctant on using non-oficial releases for my devices. It’s cool, don’t ge me wrong, but there’s always some trust issues triggered when using custom roms, particularly non official ones.
But since I own a developer friendly phone, I’ve decided to try CyanogenMod 12, meaning a lollipop android 5.X.X rom, on my phone. And I couldn’t be happier.
I’ve been using it since early January, and I couldn’t recommend any other rom. Not even cyanogen’s. Here’s why:
- Ive strted using it mainly because it’s compiled in Portugal (which is something rare these days)
- I’ve known the compiler for a while now from zee interwebs. And he’s a cool motherfucker.
- It comes with SuperSu on it, contrary to official CM12
- It incorporates latest CM12 bug fixing and voodoo and goodness.
- It has an awesome battery life
- It self-updates if you choose to (via OTA)
- IT’S LOLLIPOP, BITCHES!
Shure it’s buggy at somethings, but keep in mind that CM12 is not yet finished. So having a solid lollipop rom, its pretty cool.
Things I dislike:
- Release cycle It has daily updates: every single fucking day, at around 22h00 (10pm) CET. The mirror where it’s hosted, is fast as lightning. I simply don’t like to be noticed everyday of updates
- The release numbering. It’s always TugaPowerV[something] not TugaPowerV1. Something. It just pisses me off.
- Not having stuff like the official camera app (from OPO’s 4.4.4 stable release), as a default app.
But these are only minor things. I’m using it and I recommend it above all things similar.
I’m hoping the developer kindly addresses these issues of mine. But he probably wont. ^^
PS: Have a wonderfull and awesome 2015, sailors!